Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dancing is GooDTherapY!

...so I made this comment to my sister Ava recently about how if every body started dancing then there would be less negativity in the world.  I think my comment was really that if more people were dancing there would be less war!  And this (again) started me thinking about how this simple concept could change the whole world, and every one who lives in it.  A few years ago the country artist Lee Ann Womac came out with a song that goes something like this...
"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
you get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it our or dance
I hope you dance...I hope you dance
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake but its worth takin'
Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance... I hope you dance
Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.
Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.
I hope you dance... I hope you dance
I HOPE YOU DANCE!!!"
Never in all my years as an adult, friend, lover, woman, or mother have I ever come across a poem, or prose that could change society, and make a change for the better as this song so beautifully does.  I think that is what good therapy is all about.  This song is definately good therapy!  The world is the world and will never change by itself, it is incapable of changing as a whole.  But, individuals can change and thus with that change society and the world can become a better place.  Change is not feeling better about who you are, change is not physically becoming someone you were never meant to be, and change is not telling others how to have a better day.  change is all about grabbing who you are on the inside, shaking it up, tearing down your guard, looking at the world through the eyes of God, and seeing for the first time that the world is a hurting entity who needs change...Scars run deep, and we all have them.  They never go away, but finding GooD TherapY helps them to be manageable; so that we can continue to be flexible to do things like...Dance, and Love, and Seek, and Heal.  Thank you to all who read this blog.
Peace!  Harmony!  Balance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment