Saturday, July 9, 2011

Find "Good Therapy" Everyday!

"Tension is who you think you should be.  Relaxation is who you are"
Chinese Proverb
So I find this great quote and I use it on my menu of services.  When I found it I thought this is great it will add some depth and wow to my layout.  But then I really started thinking about what this proverb is really saying.  I think most people would agree that tension is a part of life, and life helps to create who we are in this world.  The sad thing is that most of the american public spends a good part of their day talking about the negative aspects of their life...whether its the doctor appointment, or the behavior issues with jr, or the marital issues, or the money issues, it all comes down to this tension is a part of our life because we allow it to be not just a part of our life but the central part of our life.  Imagine this we wake up in the morning relaxed with a big smile on our face, humming as we get ready to start our day.  We do our morning stretches, eat a fablulous breakfast, and drive to work in traffic still with that smile on our face, and feeling totally relaxed as we catch each red light, and stop on a dime because the lady at the cross walk decides to cross the street as we are making that right hand turn, but we dont see any of this because we have started our day with "Good Therapy!!"  Mentally, preparing ourselves to go through the day instead of surviving the day.  Good Therapy begins with a mental overhaul, making the conscience effort to be relaxation instead of just relaxing.  How do we do that you might ask?  Its different for each person, but for me it begins with a prayer, or meditation, that has to do with equipping the mind to take on the day.  Shielding the mind from negative influence, and mentally putting on armour to protect the mind, body, and spirit from the world.  Lets face it the world is not a nice place and every day we go out into it and we are not prepared mentally and emotionally, physically, and spritually we are setting ourselves up to fail.  Being responsible for our own being depends on our willingness to take care of it.  If one person in each family across the globe made this change it would in affect change the whole entire world.  All it takes is just one of us to do that.  I am that person in my family.  Every day I tell myself that I am responsible for my own mental well being, and I choose to be relaxation.  It does not always work out the way I want...I am human (ha, ha), but I find that I have more days that are stress free then I had before.  It also frees me from guilt, and helps me to be free from taking on other peoples issues.  And I have discovered that when I allow others to be responsible for themselves I am more free then I could ever have imagines...Whoever the author is of said wonderful quote had me in mind when he put it together and in reality it is this great quote that is the foundation to what I define as "Good Therapy"
peace! harmony! balance

3 comments: